Sodium hypochlorite is a chemical commonly found in bleach, water purifiers, and cleaning products, when dissolved in water it is commonly known as bleach, or liquid bleach. Sodium hypochlorite is a clear, slightly yellowish solution with a characteristic odor
Sodium Hypochlorite is used in:
• In water treatment, hypochlorite is used to disinfect water.
• In households as liquid bleach, hypochlorite is used frequently for the purification and disinfection of the house.
• Chemical industries, paint and lime industries,
• Food industries,
• Glass industries,
• Paper industries,
• Pharmaceutical industries,
• Synthetics industries and waste disposal industries.
• Textile industry.
• It is sometimes added to industrial waste water,this is done to reduce odors.
• Hypochlorite can be used to prevent algae and shellfish growth in cooling towers.
In plastic drums of 25, 40, 50 L, also in plastic cubical of 1 Ton capacity.
|2||Available Chlorine||% w/w||10|
|3||Free Alkalinity ( as NaOH)||g/l||10|
|4||Iron as Fe||Mg/kg||3.0|