Caustic Soda, also known as Sodium Hydroxide, it is one of the most widely used chemicals in the industry. Caustic soda is a solution of Sodium hydroxide (NaOH) in water and by evaporating process turns into solid state (flakes),pure sodium hydroxide is a whitish solid, sold in flakes form. It is a strong base with a wide range of applications in different industries. We produce caustic soda together with chlorine and hydrogen from the electrolysis of salt brine.
The major users of caustic soda in:
• Soaps and detergents sectors
• Water treatment (for the flocculation of heavy metals and acidity control)
• Inorganic chemicals like paints, glass and ceramics and uses in fuel cell production and cosmetics
• The paper, pulp and cellulose industries
• Food industry
• Oil wells in drilling and production stages
• Textile sector (as a bleaching agent)
• Aluminum Production
• Mineral oils (preparation of greases and fuel additives),
• Synthesis of the synthetic fiber rayon.
Our plant produce caustic soda in three main types:
• Caustic Soda flakes: concentration 98.5%
• Caustic Soda liquid: concentration 48-50%
• Caustic Soda liquid:concentration 32%
For liquid type we can supply any concentration below 50% based on customer request.
Caustic Soda flakes: in polyethylene bags of 25, 40 and 50 Kg.
Caustic Soda liquid: In bulk and plastic drums of 25, 40, 50 L, also in plastic cubical of 1 Ton capacity.
- Caustic Soda flakes: concentration 98.5%
|1.||Sodium Hydroxide ( as NaOH)||Wt%||98.50|
|2.||Sodium hydroxide (as NaOH) on dry basis||Wt%||99.20|
|3.||Sodium Carbonate (as Na2CO3)||Wt%||0.15|
|4.||Sodium Chloride (as NaCl)||ppm||120|
|5.||Iron (as Fe)||ppm||<4|
|6.||Nickel as Ni||ppm||0.20|
- Caustic Soda liquid: concentration 48- 50%
|1.||Specific Gravity at 40°C||---||1.49||--|
|4.||Iron (as Fe)||ppm||--||5|
- Caustic Soda liquid: concentration 32%
|5||Iron (as Fe)||ppm||---||3|